Our mission statement:
To be an active partnership that advocates for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough museums; supports their staff, trustees and volunteers; and promotes their work to strategic partnerships, funders and visitors.
- Support museum development across the county, including coordinated fundraising and effective use of MiC’s own resources
- Advocate for the work of museums in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to strategic partners and networks
- Work collaboratively with agencies, groups and organisations locally, regionally and nationally
- Support communications and networks for staff, volunteers and trustees, ultimately aiming to contribute to raising standards across our museums
Membership is open to any museum in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough.
The MiC committee includes representatives from independent, local authority and university museums, as well as representatives from Cambridgeshire Museums Forum and Cambridgeshire Heritage Education Group.
Secretary: Gordon Chancellor
Further details of recent small development projects carried out in Cambridgeshire museums
– Cambridgeshire Museums Small Grants 2016-17
– Cambridgeshire Museums Small Grants 2015-16
– Cambridgeshire Museums Small Grants 2014-15