Cambridgeshire Museums Forum provides an open and supportive platform for discussion, advice, networking and development of the staff, trustees and volunteers of museums in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
What do we aim to do
- To act as an open and supportive forum for discussion, advice and sharing of all practical issues concerning museums.
- To provide opportunities for networking, partnership working and mutual development for museum staff, trustees and volunteers.
- To be a voice of museum staff, trustees and volunteers to report to Museums in Cambridgeshire.
- To be a dissemination point for information and opportunities to be shared with museums.
- To work alongside the Cambridgeshire Heritage Education Group and Museums in Cambridgeshire to promote the wellbeing, maintenance and excellence of museums in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Membership is open to each public museum within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough which agrees to abide by the Museums Association Code of Ethics. Membership is also open to those in affiliated fields such as conservation and archaeology, with practical roles in the support and development in museums.
To join the Cambridgeshire Museums Forum please contact the Secretary.
The forum meets three times a year with an AGM and summer social usually in July.