Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
There are plenty of opportunities this week:
- I am recruiting two Museum Volunteer Co-ordinators to work across Cambridgeshire museums, closing date 11 May.
Museum Volunteer Co-ordinator advert
- The Fitzwilliam is looking for a PA to the Director
- The University of Cambridge Museums have a vacancy for an Audience Research Volunteer to work 25 May to 14 June, and for 16-18 year olds for Conservation Work Experience in August. Details online.
- Museums at Night (May 13-16) is now less than a month away, and there are over 550 events registered at museumsatnight.org.uk. Do you know of any other events taking place in your area that might not have been registered yet? You can do this online by 5pm this Friday, 24 April. The hashtag for this year’s festival is #MatN2015, if you’d like to tweet or Instagram about it.
- The Collections Trust has some free workshops on two open source and free-to-use tools developed during the AthenaPlus project. The first, MOVIO, is a tool to build online virtual exhibitions. The second, CityQuest, allows you to easily create a quest online, and publish it to a mobile app.
- Following last year’s successful Reminiscence Day, the Denny Abbey Farmland Museum is repeating the experience this year. It will take place at Denny Abbey Farmland Museum on Wednesday 17 June, between 10.30am and 5.00pm.The day is designed for care staff to pick up some new ideas and meet others in the field, and also for cared-for residents and anyone wishing to reminisce.