Here are some items which may be of interest before the Easter break:
- The Fitzwilliam Museum has several vacancies for Front of House Hosts at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/9831/, closing date 30 March.
- Congratulations are due to March and District Museum on securing Full Accreditation.
- Congratulations are also due to the Cromwell Museum on securing 12 months of Provisional Accreditation, pending their transfer from County Council to Cromwell Museum Trust administration.
- SHARE has a very interesting-looking day which I shall be attending on informal learning at Norwich Castle on 21 April http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/excellence-in-informal-learning-what-is-it-why-is-it-important-how-to-get-there/.
- SHARE also has training on safeguarding at the Museum of East Anglian Life on 28 April http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/protecting-and-safeguarding-children-and-vulnerable-adults-in-museums/.
- SHARED Enterprise has an event on ‘Becoming more entrepreneurial through partnership working with local businesses’ on 19 April 2016, 10am – 3:30pm at The Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge Click here for full details and to book.
- I shall be attending the SHARED Enterprise Funding Fair on 9 May 2016, 10am – 4pm at The Athenaeum, Bury St Edmunds Click here for full details and to book.
- I have been asked to ask all my colleagues in the museum world to spend 15-20 minutes completing an important survey of the current workforce, by the end of the month. I’ve done it and I believe it will produce some valuable information: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ACEMuseumWorkforce.
- Finally, may I take this opportunity to say a big ‘thank you’ to Kayleigh Boyle, Museum Volunteer Co-ordinator on the SWIM project, for all her excellent work helping the museums of north and east Cambridgeshire. The project is now ending and I will miss the many cheerful contributions Kayleigh has made to supporting the museum workforce over the last year. Best of luck for the future Kayleigh!