There are quite a few items this week:
- I attach the new SHARE Benchmarking form for 2015-2016 and would ask that every Accredited museum in the County completes this by 31 August please, as it is very important. The purpose of the survey is to gather evidence to help demonstrate and prove the social and economic importance of museums both locally and regionally to funders and stakeholders. It also provides museums with data to enable them to benchmark their performance. SHARE and I would be very grateful if you would take the time to complete this survey and if you prefer you can use http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SHAREBenchmarking1516/. Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about this.
- The Museums in Cambridgeshire AGM will be on the morning of 15 September at Ramsey Museum (details to follow).
- Just a reminder, if you have not already filled it in, that the SHARE training survey mentioned in MiC News 50 will close on 22 May. Apologies if you’ve already done it!
- I’m a little late here, but can I just draw your attention to what HLF are doing about Mental Health Awareness Week https://www.hlf.org.uk/about-us/news-features/building-relationships-through-heritage?
- Why not sign up for the next Federation meeting in Hitchin on 22 July at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/semfed-agm-developing-hitchins-museums-tickets-25475221072?aff=es2?
- My MDO colleagues Emma Cook and Amy Cotterill are streaming a demonstration of the ‘Paraloid Sandwich’ technique on 25 May using Periscope at https://essexmdo.com/2016/05/13/paraloidsandwich/.
- The Eridge Trust makes grants to schools and other bodies for trips to museums for projects aimed at young people. Applications can be made for grants for educational trips in school year beginning September 2016. See www.eridgetrust.co.uk/page2.htm The deadline for applications is 31st May 2016.
- The Cromwell Museum has a new website at http://www.cromwellmuseum.org/.
There is a vacancy for an Events Co-ordinator at the Fitzwilliam Museum, closing date 30 May at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/44755.htm