Here is the week’s crop of news items for Cambridgeshire’s museums:
- I attach details of this year’s small grants scheme for which the closing date is 28 October. You will see that it is an eligibility criterion that your museum has paid its Museums in Cambridgeshire (MiC) subscription for 2016-2017. If you have any queries about this please do not hesitate to ask me.
- A Norfolk heritage organisation has sent me photos of some large items relating to the ship Mauretania which they wish to dispose of. Please contact me if you want to see the photos.
- The MiC AGM is at Ramsey Rural Museum at 10.30am on 15 September and an agenda is being mailed to members separately for this.
- SHARE have three excellent events in our County over the next two months: these include, firstly, the Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum event on ‘volunteering for wellbeing’ at Duxford on 21 September; secondly, trustee training at Ely on 17 October; thirdly, The Front of House Forum meeting ‘the welcome explored’ at Duxford with the National Theatre on 3 November. Booking as usual is through http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/ .
- I attach a flyer for an event on dementia and Down’s syndrome at Waterbeach on 17 September.
- The Cromwell Museum is being officially handed over by the County Council to the Cromwell Museum Trust on 10 September, with events starting at 11am.
- SEMFed has a study trip to Amsterdam in January for which there are bursaries available. Details through www.semfed.org.uk .
- The closing date for the second round of AIM Hallmarks Awards is 7 October. Details are at http://www.aim-museums.co.uk/content/hallmarks_awards/ .
- There is a growing need for suitably qualified museum Accreditation mentors. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who might wish to consider this as an opportunity for themselves.
- The Hertfordshire Association of Museums would welcome anyone who wishes to join their study day at the Bethlem Museum of the Mind on 22 September, directions at http://museumofthemind.org.uk/visit.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum are advertising for a maternity cover Exhibitions Co-ordinator, closing date 21 September (see attachment).