Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
This week’s items that may be of interest…
- The new MiC web site is almost ready for launch and I can report that it will be good! It would be nice however is to get more up to date photos from museums, so if you have taken some good shots lately – for which you have consent for online use – do please send them to me.
- A reminder that the South and East Museums Federation AGM will be held in Oxford on 16 July. The details should soon go up soon on semfed.org.uk. As well as getting together for the usual opportunities to meet colleagues from all walks of museum life, it is an opportunity to meet staff from the Museum of Oxford, the Story Museum and the new Weston Wing of the Bodleian library and see how they are all using poems and stories to connect with different audiences.
- This year’s ‘Summer at the Museums’ will run in Cambridgeshire museums from 23 July to 2 September. As we have come to expect, this year has a great programme of activities, events and trails across the University and independent museums. The details are at cam.ac.uk/museums/summer or contact Susan Miller on email@example.com.
- The next SHARE Front of House Forum meeting is at Chelmsford Museum on 11 June and the Fitzwilliam Museum has generously offered free spaces in their mini-bus to anyone from Cambridge who may need a lift to to the meeting. The mini-bus will leave at 7.30am from Trumpington Street as near to the Fitzwilliam as possible, but if you want to go please contact Linda Brooklyn in good time on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is an excellent session by the SHARE Digital Development Forum on the possibilities of the Raspberry Pi computer. This will be at the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge on the afternoon of 4 June. For details go to sharemuseumseast.org.uk.
- Can I draw your attention to the Jonathan Ruffer grants to curators run by the Art Fund (see http://www.artfund.org/supporting-museums/jonathan-ruffer-curatorial-grants)?
- There are two new volunteer roles and a paid traineeship currently advertised by UCM at http://www.cam.ac.uk/museums-and-collections/get-involved.