Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
Several interesting items of news this week:
- I can report that I have appointed the two Volunteer Co-ordinator posts which are part of the ACE Museum Resilience Fund project ‘Strengthening the workforce in Cambridgeshire museum’. I am pleased to say that by next week I should be in a position to announce their names.
- SHARE want to know what demand there might be for some new training cohorts. Could you please let me know if you might wish to participate in a website improvement cohort, a commercial holiday activities cohort, and/or an Arts Award Discover and Explore and young roots cohort?
- Thank you to everyone who has so far taken the trouble to answer my training survey which has produced some useful results so far, which I have passed on to SHARE.
- There is a vacancy for a Head of Development at Kettles Yard, details at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/7026/ .
- Please note that the University Museums Group meets in Durham on 23-24 September, this year with a science theme. It is open to non-university museums and the details are at http://universitymuseumsgroup.org/conference-2015-science-and-society/.
- The South and East Museums Federation is in need of some new committee members; can I commend this to you or someone you might know as an excellent CPD opportunity?
- Cambridge Fans United are advertising for an HLF-funded Project Officer, closing date 15 June.