Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
Firstly, I am pleased to announce that the ACE-funded Volunteer Co-ordinators for Cambridgeshire independent museums are Mike Brooks and Kayleigh Brooks. Michael will be based in Huntingdon, and Kayleigh will be based in March. I will introduce them to their respective museums during July. I’m sure you join me in welcoming them wholeheartedly to their important new roles.
Secondly, I’d like also to announce that at last night’s SHARE Museum Volunteer Awards there was a High Commendation for Claire Daunton of Kettle’s Yard in the ‘Behind the Scenes’ category. There were also four Cambridgeshire Winners in their categories: Kate Ward from UCM for ‘Going the Extra Mile’, John Connett from Cambridge Museum of Technology for ‘Behind the Scenes’ and Viv Alderton and Chester Mersman from IWM Duxford for ‘Front of House’. These people have been doing great things so a very big ‘well done’ to them all!
Now for this week’s other items:
- ‘Future Proof Museums’ is a new six month intensive programme, probably not ideal for the smallest museums, which is funded through the ACE Resilience Fund (see attachment). There is an opportunity for maybe two East of England museums which can afford the £350+VAT fee, and it’s worth noting that the residential element will be in Cambridge. Please let me know if you decide to register interest. Further details are available from Verity Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01223 578078. She’s very approachable so if your museum would like any more details or have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with her. Future Proof Museums programme outline
- There may still be a few vacancies on ‘build your own website’ at Colchester on Monday – sorry about the short notice – go to http://essexmdo.com/events/how-to-build-an-easy-to-use-website/.
- We are looking for an artist to work on the ‘Memories’ project so, if you know anyone with the required skills who might be interested, please forward the attached brief to them. Memories in the Community artists brief 20.05.2015
- The HLF Cambridge office is advertising for a Development Officer, closing date 28 June. This is job 41705 on the Leicester site at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk .
- Vivacity Peterborough have on offer a Heritage Events Internship. This is 41678 on the Leicester site.