Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
There’s plenty of news this week:
- The SHARE training calendar 2015-2016 is as brilliant as ever and is ready for booking. It is also available as a pdf.
- The South and East Museums Federation (SEMF) has a study day on 9 October at Saffron Walden, which is available at the members’ rate for anyone not yet a member who is studying for their AMA.
- SEMF is also running a study tour to Rome and is inviting applications for a Martin Howe bursary. The bursary this year is open to any members of SEMF who are relatively new to the museum world, and who would like to join in with the study trip to Rome 27-30 January 2016. Further information on the trip will be sent out to members and at the end of August.
- A condition of the bursary is that recipients submit a report on the trip to be published on the SEMF website and further afield.
To apply for the bursary:
- You need to be a member of SEMF.
- Send a letter of application to SEMF telling them about yourself, your current role in museums, and why you want to go on the trip, by 30 September.
- Content of application to be a maximum of 500 words.
- Please email this letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. SEMF will acknowledge receipt of all applications.
SEMF will contact all applicants re the committee’s decision by 14 October. The deadline to reserve your place on the trip will be 31st October. The value of the bursary is £200, to be paid on receipt of the recipient’s report on return from the trip.
- HLF is advertising for a Head of Operations Management and also for a Team Assistant for the Cambridge Office.
- Culture24 has made some changes to the way it administers Museums at Night: they have created a basic form explaining the four key things their team will do for participating organisations, and what they expect museums to do in return.
- Culture24 is also currently focussing on ceramics collections and how to promote them via social media channels, including Pinterest. If your museum has a ceramics collection and would like to promote it, please contact Culture24 editor Richard Moss on 01273 523987, or email email@example.com.
Finally, congratulations to Whittlesey Museum on achieving Full Accreditation!