Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
- Downham Market Heritage Centre is looking for a Learning Officer, closing date 11 December.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum has a vacancy for a 2016 Events Co-ordinator, closing date 14 December.
- The Fitzwilliam also has a vacancy for and Exhibitions and Registrar Assistant, closing date 22 December.
- The Norris Museum is re-advertising for a Learning and Outreach Officer.
- The V&A Museum has five training courses beginning in the spring 2016 (please note the charges):
Handling Museum Objects – 11 February
Photographing Museum Objects – 18 March
The Enterprising Museum – 29 February to 4 March
Creating Innovative Learning
Working with Architects and Designers in Museums – sorry I don’t have a link for this.
- A museum has asked me to ask if other museums provide or have you set up a pension (separate from local government schemes) for members of staff? If so can you please recommend any particular provider or give any advice please? I will pass on the information.
- If you would like to find out more about the Arts Council England’s response to the Chancellor’s autumn statement, including confirmation that their programmes will not be subject to in-year cuts between now and March 2018, go to http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/news/arts-council-news/arts-council-receives-cash-terms-increase-spending/. An overview from NMDC, including impacts on LA museums: http://www.nationalmuseums.org.uk/news/nmdc-response-comprehensive-spending-review/. I am grateful to Liz Hide for these links.
- Thank you to all the colleagues who replied to my straw poll as to which way you like to receive MiC News. I have about a dozen replies and all said they wanted to keep receiving the email version (as now). This is of course supplemented by each week’s posting on the MiC website.