Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
This morning I met with Liz Hide, Dan Pemberton and Lucy Sercombe, Chairs respectively of Museums in Cambridgeshire (MiC), Cambridgeshire Museums Forum (CMF) and Cambridgeshire Heritage Education Group (CHEG). We met to start planning the best way forward for the three groups to work together for the maximum benefit of MiC members. It was a very productive meeting and I will keep you updated as our plans develop over the coming weeks.
What I would much appreciate at this stage is some indication from all members of MiC of how you like to be updated with information about MiC activities and information? Could you therefore, please, let me know through which ‘media’ you prefer to receive MiC information, for example: these news bulletins (MiC News, which will continue, perhaps modified), Twitter, blogs/online newsletters etc, or a combination of these?
Here is this week’s crop of items which may be of interest:
- The Cromwell Museum is advertising for a Curator, closing date 14 December.
- The Archaeology of Childhood Project is holding its final Consultation Panel at the Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology (MAA) on Tuesday, 1 December at 6.30pm. This is to help shape the forthcoming exhibition, Hide and Seek: Looking for Children in the Past, which is a collaborative effort between MAA and Cambridgeshire’s Historic Environment Team. The session will last approximately 1 hour and if you would like to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com. If you cannot attend but have ideas, please send them along! For more information go to https://archaeologyofchildhoodproject.wordpress.com/.
- The Museum of Cambridge is currently advertising for a Learning Officer and a Community Engagement Officer, closing dates 26 November. See http://www.museumofcambridge.org.uk/page.php?id=461.
- The Audience Agency is offering free Visitor Finder online webinars, on getting the most out of social media ad tools within Facebook and Twitter and looking at how to set up and use Google Analytics effectively. These will take place on Tuesday 15th December from 9.30 – 1pm. They are open to all SHARE East museums to log into, but you must have access to a computer and use of a headset which has a microphone. For more details and to register click on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/digital-webinarsby-katie-moffat-head-of-digital-at-the-audience-agency-tickets-19422013766 .
- I am currently considering arranging some copyright training with my colleagues in Essex and Hertford. It would be helpful at this stage to know how many people from Cambridgeshire might be interested in attending. So please let me know if you might be interested and if there is any particular aspect you would like covered.
- Could you please let me know if your museum took part in last month’s inaugural Halloween Museums at Night festival, and if you intend to be involved in Museums at Night in 2016?