Happy New Year to you!
There are several vacancies currently being advertised, and other items:
- The Fitzwilliam Museum seeks a Communications Co-ordinator; see attached and Leicester number 43329 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk, closing date 18 January.
- UCM are advertising for a Digital Engagement Specialist, closing date 25 January; see Leicester number 43323.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum has a temporary learning assignment with a deadline of 11 January; see Leicester number 43322.
- The Whipple Museum are seeking an Education and Outreach Volunteer; Leicester number 43320, closing date 18 January.
- The Polar Museum are seeking an Education and Outreach Assistant; Leicester number 43300, closing date 15 January.
- The Department of Earth Sciences at Cambridge is advertising for a Museums Events Assistant at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/9009/; closing date 9 January.
- A museum has been offered a sewing machine, with provenance, which they would rather went to another museum, so have asked me to circulate the attached photo. Please contact me if interested.
- The SHARE Front of House/Retail Fora (yes I did Latin at school!) joint meeting promises to be excellent and is on 1 February at The Fitzwilliam Museum (see attached).
- Just a reminder about Leicester’s free online course Behind the Scenes at the 21st Century Museum will be running it again, starting on Monday 18th January 2016. As before, the course will last for six weeks and requires approximately two hours study per week. For details see
- Also a reminder that there is a very useful funding database at http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20012/arts_green_spaces_and_activities/35/arts_funding_opportunities_in_cambridgeshire.
Best wishes for 2016