I apologise for the long gap since MiC News 41, which has been due to me having a cold! Anyway here some items of news:
- SHARE have some undersubscribed courses which you may be interested in, both at Hollytrees in Colchester: Cutting Edge – Making Professional Labels & Panels- 3 March http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/cutting-edge-making-professional-labels-panels/ Labelling & Marking Museum Objects– 8 March http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/labelling-marking-museum-objects-6/.
- The National Trust have some items from Paycocke’s in Coggeshall to dispose of (see attached). If you are interested please contact Anna.Forrest@nationaltrust.org.uk.
- The 2016 SHARE Volunteer Awards are open for nominations. I urge you to encourage people to apply; this year there is a Learning Volunteer Award too. All the details can be found at www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk/volunteer-awards/. The closing date is 15th April. Judging will take place in May and the awards celebration will be at the Fitzwilliam on the evening of 9th June.
- Arts Council England (ACE) has commissioned CapeUK to carry out a review of formal learning in museums. If schools use your museum, please spare 20 minutes to complete a short survey by 29 February. You can find the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MuseumLearn3.
- UCM is currently advertising two new volunteer roles. Both are within the Marketing team and are focused on helping them to understand their visitors. They are ‘job’ numbers 43817-18 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk and the closing dates are 1st and 2nd March respectively.
- You may be interested in the ‘Creative Volunteering: beyond policy and procedure’ conference on 21 March at the Natural History Museum in London. For more information please see the link below: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/whats-on/programs/nhm/creative_volunteering%3A_beyond_policy_and_procedure.html.
- There are volunteer and trustee roles advertised at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk at Whittlesey, March and Prickwillow Museums, ‘job’ numbers 43835, 43838-9.
- The Farmland Museum is advertising for a Visitor Services and Tearoom positions at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk, job numbers 43836-7.
- The British Association of Friends of Museums (BAFM) is offering a travel bursary; see attached.