Several interesting items this week:
- There are a few places left for the free fundraising conference at the Museum of London on 2 March: check it at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/enterprise-philanthropy-building-relationships-to-fund-museums-registration-18470976187.
- Museum Development Yorkshire have published some excellent new documents on copyright and related topics: check them out at http://tinyurl.com/zdowrfk.
- A Museum Studies student in Essex who is researching museum outreach has asked me to forward her survey in the hope that you may have time to fill it in: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QM7B689.
- There is a conference in Cambridge on 14-15 March looking at the role of university museums in research: check it out at www.crassh.cam.ac.uk/events/26253.
- There is a training day on visual impairment accessibility in museums, led by Vision4Growth, 10am– 1pm on Monday 7th March at Hitchin British Schools Museum. To book your place contact Ella Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2016.
- There is also an Emergency Planning Training Day, led by Emma Dadson of Harwell’s 10.30am-3.30pm on Monday 14 March 2016 at the Military Intelligence Museum, Chicksands, Shefford. To book your place contact Ella Brady at email@example.com by 29 February 2016. Please Note: This event will take place on an active military base and to enter the site you must undergo a security check. Therefore when booking your place please give Ella your full name, vehicle registration, vehicle make, vehicle model, vehicle colour and a valid passport number/ driving licence number, as this information must be supplied to the base in advance of your visit.
- There are currently two posts advertised at IWM Duxford, closing dates 15 February, as Visitor and Customer Engagement Officer (one full time, one part time). Details at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.