Here are several items of news, the first of which is especially urgent:
- Please don’t forget to submit nominations for 2016 The SHARE Volunteer Awards, mentioned in MiC News 47. The deadline is TOMORROW Friday April 15th but this can be extended slightly in extenuating circumstances. All information can be found here:-http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/volunteer-awards/.
- The next South and East Museums Federation Study Day is in Ipswich on 10 May. There is a packed study day covering learning programmes, the training museum, collections and visitor services. As ever there are lots of opportunities for networking and new members are always welcome. See http://www.semfed.org.uk/.
- The Cromwell got a slot on BBC Radio 4 last Sunday at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03qq3sb.
- Museums at Night will run from 11-14 May, and there is just over a week left to register your event in Culture24’s database at http://museumsatnight.org.uk/how-to-register-your-museums-at-night-event/ – the deadline is 22 April. There is new branding and logos, which are free to download here: http://museumsatnight.org.uk/festival-resources/resources-and-downloads/museums-at-night-2016-logos-posters-and-flyers/#.Vw0rcJwrLcs.
- The Museum and Galleries Capital Fund, which is funded by the DCMS and he Wolfson Foundation, has re-opened for applications. More than £4 million is available for grants in this round, which can be used for renovation and improvement projects in museums and galleries to increase access, improve displays and enhance public spaces. To date, nearly £40 million has been allocated for the refurbishment of museum and gallery spaces through this partnership. Grants are made up to the level of £300,000. – See more at http://www.cambridgeartsnetwork.com/funding/national/dcms-museum-galleries-capital-improvement-fund-1460475960#sthash.2dUOMaT4.dpuf .
- This year’s SHARE conference will be on 21 November.
- The Hamilton Kerr Institute is looking for an easel painting conservator at http://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/44420.htm closing date 12 May.