Here’s this week’s crop of news which may be of interest to Cambridgeshire museums:
- Sorry it’s a bit late, but I attach the agenda for the SHARE Front of House Forum in Newmarket on Tuesday 28 June. There may still be a few places left!
- SEMFed is looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible for the Hitchin study day and AGM on 22nd July – you can book via the website: http://www.semfed.org.uk/events/study-days/.
3. SHARED Enterprise has a ‘Most Significant Change’ event at the Botanic Gardens on 11 July http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/most-significant-change-shared-enterprise-evaluation-workshop/
4. SHARED Enterprise is also offering five funding training cohorts. At least 3 will run from September 2016 to June 2017, with the second phase running from February – November 2017. We need a maximum of six museums per cohort and we especially need to find more to make the HLF/Major Capital Development cohort viable. If you are planning an HLF or similar application you should find this support useful. I’d also like to fill a special cohort for smaller museums in Cambridgeshire for investigating alternative sources of funding. Accreditation is not necessary for museums to take part in SHARED Enterprise, because it’s not Arts Council funded, but HLF funded. So if you are interested do please contact me.
5. May I draw your attention to the SHARE Retail Forum meeting at Hitchin on 14 July; it looks good!
6. English Heritage is organising a conference on flint at the Ancient House Museum in Thetford on 14-16 July. I can send you details if you’re interested.
7. Suffolk are advertising for an Activity Plan Officer at https://www.suffolkjobsdirect.org/libraries-culture-heritage-archaeology-adult-care-community-services-heritage-lottery-fund-activity-plan-officer/41159.job.
8. I attach a call for papers for a museum conference at Colchester Castle 29-30 September.