There’s several items to list this week:
- Probably the most important item is a reminder that Summer at the Museums is about to get under way. I attach a suggested wording for you to use in press releases etc.
- There is a vacancy in Suffolk for a Museum Project Officer post at https://www.suffolkjobsdirect.org/libraries-culture-heritage-archaeology-adult-care-community-services-suffolk-museum-project-officer/41305.job, closing date 25 July.
- The National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art in Newmarket is advertising for an Operations Manager at https://www.palacehousenewmarket.co.uk/about-us/jobs/operations-manager, closing date 8 July.
- SHARE are inviting tenders for an Audience Development specialist (see attached), closing date 27 July.
- The latest regional newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museums is attached.
- Applications for the Marsh Trust Awards for Volunteers in Museum Learning at http://www.britishmuseum.org/about_us/volunteers/marsh_awards.aspx close on 12 July. If your volunteers are too shy to apply you can do it on their behalf. There are cash awards available.
Finally, just a quick mention that I shall be on holiday for one week from 16 to 24 July inclusive.