Here is this week’s news of relevance to Cambridgeshire museums:
- The Museum of Zoology is advertising for a conservator at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/10994/, closing date 4 August.
- The National Horseracing Museum is advertising for a workshop leader (see attached), closing date 3 August.
- The Society of Museum Archaeologists is about to send out details of a survey they are carrying out on storage capacity. There will be six weeks for replies to be received. I hope to be able to circulate details in the next MiC News.
- The Group for Education in Museums conference is 31 August – 1 September in Edinburgh and looks very interesting. See www.gem.org.uk for details.
- Congratulations to the Museum of Zoology and the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology on both achieving awards from the Designation Challenge Fund. See https://camunivmuseums.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/funding-success-for-two-university-of-cambridge-museums/.
- The Arts Council are inviting applications to join the Accreditation Committee at http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/accreditation-scheme/accreditation-how-apply, closing date 2 September.
- The report on the many excellent project funded by Cambridgeshire Museums small grants 2015-2016 is now available on the MiC website at https://museumsincambs.org/about-mic/cambridgeshire-museums-small-grants-2015-16/.
- Creative Arts East has a budget to support internships for young unemployed people in the Arts sector including museums. Any work/jobs in museums would be eligible and job shares between museums are possible. Each position can attract a grant of £2500 and has some T&Cs including latest start date of 30 September. If anyone is interested please contact Elly Wilson asap at email@example.com.
- I attach details of a freelance role at Kettles Yard for an Arts Award co-ordinator, closing date 18 August.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for an Exhibitions Manager at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/45352.htm, closing date 8 August.