Here is this week’s museum news:
- The details of SHARE’s ‘Ready to Borrow’ scheme (see MiC News 55) has now been finalised and are available at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/funding-and-grants/. Please do get in touch with me if you are considering an application.
- The deadline for the Marsh Trust Awards for museum learning volunteering (see MiC News 57) has been extended to 29 July.
- The SHARE-funded Cambridgeshire Aviation Heritage Trail is being launched today and is now live at http://cambsaviationheritage.org.uk/. Please let me know what you think of it (within reason!).
- The booklet which accompanies the MiC ‘Memories’ project is now being distributed and is also available online at http://issuu.com/memoriesinthecommunity/docs/memoriesinthecommunity/1 .
- The St Neots Victorian Festival is this weekend (see attached).
- University of Cambridge Museums are advertising for a Photographic intern, closing date 18 July at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/45151.htm .
- Congratulations to the Must Farm excavations at Whittlesey who have won ‘Best Discovery’ at this year’s British Archaeological Awards.
- Congratulations also to the Museum of Cambridge for securing a project grant from the Esmée Fairbairn Collections Fund!
Finally just a reminder that I am in Spain next week