There are several items to report:
- The Museum of Cambridge is advertising for a Schools Education Officer (advert and other details attached), closing date 2 September.
- The Museums in Cambridgeshire (MiC) 2016 AGM will take place on the morning of 15 September at Ramsey Museum (draft agenda attached). The AGM is open to all subscribing members of MiC.
- The conference ‘Nurturing a Culture of Change’ will be held at Colchester Castle 29-30 September. For details go to website.
- The South and East Museums Federation is offering four £200 Martin Howe travel bursaries to enable deserving members to attend the annual study weekend to Amsterdam 25-28 January. More information will be available soon.
- Anglesey Abbey is advertising for a Senior House Steward at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/45548.htm, closing date 26 August.
- SHARE are looking for a room to seat 30 in central Cambridge for a training day on copyright. They do not have a budget to pay the venue but would offer places on the course to the host institution and bring nice biscuits! The course is on 21 October, but they would also be keen to hear from potential hosts for other courses. If your museum or heritage site could help out for this event, or in future, please contact Ruth Burwood: email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting benchmarking returns (see MiC News 54) has been extended to 30 September. You can complete the survey on the form attached or online here http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SHAREBenchmarking1516