Here’s this week’s museum news bulletin….
- The next meeting of the SHARE Volunteer Coordinators Forum is at Gressenhall in Norfolk on 12 September. If you are interested please sign up at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/organising-teams-herding-cats-a-share-volunteer-coordinators-forum-event/.
- The deadline for submission of this year’s Benchmarking returns is 31 August which is ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM NOW, so if you have not already done so please ensure that your Museum’s details have been submitted as soon as possible. I know which museums have submitted and which are working on it, but there’s plenty in the County which haven’t started yet.
- The SWIM 2 project which is part funded by Museums in Cambridgeshire will be finishing in February 2018, so my thoughts are now turning to future projects of benefit to the County’s museums. Over the next few months I will be consulting MiC members to find out what MiC members see as the priorities for the next few years. This will help guide me as I approach potential funders in the knowledge that MiC is responding to the members’ needs. In the meantime if you have any strong views I would be delighted to hear from you.
- The Museum of Cambridge is currently advertising for a new Chair, closing date 24 August. For details please see https://jobs.theguardian.com/job/6555334/chair-of-trustees-museum-of-cambridge/.
- SHARE has launched the next programme in its excellent ‘Understanding Museums’ series, intended for people who have only recently entered the sector. If interested, please see http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/understanding-museums-5-part-programme/.
- The Museum of Cambridge is advertising for a Project Assistant for the Tracing Traditions project, closing date 24 August. Details are at job no 49258 at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk .
- A reminder that the closing date for applications to the Esmee Fairbairn Collections Fund at http://www.museumsassociation.org/collections/18022011-esmee-fairbairn-collections-fund is 6 September.