- I have been sent draft ‘Guidelines for the Care of Larger and Working Historic Objects’. Please let me know if you wish to see the draft which is currently out to consultation.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Development Assist, closing date 4 September, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/49289.htm.
- IWM London and Duxford is advertising for a Customer Experience Project Officer, closing date 29 August, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/49274.htm .
- Kettle’s Yard is advertising for a Curator/Lecturer, closing date 12 September, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/14767/ .
- Arts Council England has commissioned a study entitled ‘Mapping of Museum Data in England’. As part of the this, a survey of museums across England is being carried out to ensure that the perspectives of individual museums and museums services form an important part of the consultation process. The survey is available via https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/mapmuseumdata and the deadline is Wednesday 23rd August 2017.
- The Museums in Cambridgeshire AGM will be held on 21 September at the Norris Museum in St Ives and there will be opportunities to see the new displays there. An agenda for the meeting will be mailed separately to MiC members shortly.
- Please find attached an announcement for a ‘Specification of Display Cases’ course at the Museum of London on 3 November.