Here is this week’s museums update, but firstly can I make a plea on behalf of several Cambridgeshire museums which are looking for more suitably-skilled trustees? If you might be interested in exploring the possibilities of this for yourself or a colleague please do contact me for an initial conversation.
- SHARE Conference 6 November – this is the last chance to book, as bookings close end Monday 23 October. Booking link: http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/facing-change-moving-forward-the-7th-annual-share-conference/.
- Cambridge Museum of Technology is advertising for an Education Officer, closing date 9 November. It is job 49896 at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/49896.htm.
- The SHARE Fenland Museums Group has its next meeting at Ramsey Rural Museum on 14 November.
- There are still spaces available for the SHARE day on capital projects at Norwich Castle on 10 November at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/an-inside-job-the-lowdown-on-capital-projects/ .
- SHARE have organised an excellent volunteer management programme to run at St Neots Museum in January, February and March next years. For details go to http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/working-effectively-with-volunteers-recruitment-development-community-engagement-and-beyond/.
- Kettle’s Yard are advertising for a Learning and Engagement Officer (maternity cover) at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15271/ , closing date 8 November.
- Vivacity Peterborough are advertising an Outreach and Education post at https://www.vivacity-peterborough.com/vivacity/join-us/ .
- Chelmsford Museum has several vacancies at https://goo.gl/fkJf8E.
- Please let me know if you have an scallop-shell Santiago badges in your collection; a researcher is compiling a catalogue of them.
- If you are interested in the emerging Apprenticeship Standard for museum technicians, please complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HWXQ2QT by 30 October. I can also send you the Standard.
- I attach the latest batch of disposals from Burwell Museum. As usual contact Steve Crane at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Please let me know if you are interested in applying for the SHARE Museum Futures grants, deadline 14 November. These are for developing plans and strategies for museums and I would be very interested to hearing from you if you need the application forms and guidance notes.
- There will be a Prosper programme workshop at Cambridge Corn Exchange on 1 November; details on request.