Here is this week’s museum news:
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for an HR and Workforce Development Manager, closing date 28 November (see attached).
- The Fitzwilliam is also advertising for a Development Assistant – Membership. See full details at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15609/, closing date 15 November.
- Kettle’s Yard is advertising for a Visitor Assistant. See full details at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15584/, closing date 4 December.
- Burwell Museum has another batch of items for disposal (see attached). As usual, if you are interested contact Steve Crane on email@example.com.
- Just a reminder that you can get involved in the BBC’s ‘Civilizations’ programme on Museum Crush. For details go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1jDXj23sqKg8w4p2MWvX9nV/civilisations-festival-how-to-get-involved.
- There will be a lot of museum-relevant archaeology being discussed at the Cambridge Antiquarian Society’s conference on 18 November (see attached).
- There is a worldwide Museum Shop event on 26 November. You will find more information about the event and how to get involved here.
- The Festival Bridge is running an Artsmark Support Session at The Junction on 29th November from 12 – 1. This is an opportunity for museums to meet schools.
- I have been told that a museum somewhere in the Country has been offering special advantages (return free visits) to visitors who used gift aid. Please note that this is illegal and that gift aid and non-gift aid museum visitors must be treated equally.