Firstly please permit me to mention that Liz Hide will soon be leaving UCM and will therefore be standing down as Chair of MiC. It has been a pleasure for me to work with Liz over the last five years and every member of MiC owes her a great deal for her leadership and constant promotion of our interests. Thank you Liz!
Now, here are some news items for your consideration:
- If you are interested in attending the launch of AIM’s new Prosper (Hallmarks) booklet in London on 6 December contact email@example.com.
- SHARE has a maternity cover vacancy for an Museum Development Project Officer, closing date 3 December, here.
- SHARE has a training day on access audits at the Fitzwilliam Museum on 26 January at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/access-audit-training-for-museums/.
- SHARE’s annual collections care conference will be at Hughes Hall, Cambridge on 18 January, see http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/4th-annual-share-collections-care-conference/.
- Click on this link to catch a webinar on the new GDPR on 30 November at http://advisor.museumsandheritage.com/news/advisor-webinar-general-data-protection-regulation-need-know/.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising some Front of House roles, closing date 4 December, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15765/.
- The Museum also has a Procurement Facilitator opportunity, closing date 3 December, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15779/.
- The Museum is also looking for a Senior Technician for prints and drawings etc, closing date 30 November, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15821/.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is advertising for a Clerical Assistant, closing date 8 December, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15745/.
- IWM Duxford has a vacancy for a Conservator, job no. 50199, closing date 27 November at https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.