Firstly, I would like to mention that Tim Knox, Director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, will be leaving to take up the post of Director of the Royal Collections Trust (see http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/news/tim-knox-leave-fitzwilliam-museum). It has been a pleasure to work with you Tim and Museums in Cambridgeshire wishes you all the very best in your new post.
Here is this week’s crop of other news for MiC members:
- The Scott Polar Research Institute is advertising for a Collections Coordinator at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15851/, closing date 18 December.
- Congratulations to the Polar Museum on achieving Full Accreditation.
- The next meeting of the SHARE Volunteer Coordinators Forum will be on the morning of 6 February at the Fitzwilliam Museum, with the excellent speaker Rob Jackson. Details will be available shortly.
- Plans for the BBC’s Civilisations Festival in March 2018 are rapidly taking shape. The Art Fund has grants of up to £1000 for activities, closing date 14 December (see www.artfund.org/civilisations). There will be various events happening in UCM museums and in Cambridgeshire libraries during the Festival and please let me know if you are planning anything.
- The Art Fund has a new toolkit called ‘Treasure Plus’, for museums with archaeological collections at www.artfund.org/treasure.