A number of items of museum news have come in since the last update:
- SHARE are advertising for a Museum Development Assistant at https://tinyurl.com/y998uw69. The closing date is 15 January (currently advertised as Sunday 14th January). For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Jamie Everitt, preferably by email in the first instance at email@example.com
- UCM are holding a collections 2 day
- The SHARE Volunteer Coordinators Forum’s next meeting, which promises to be a good one, is on the morning of 6 February at the Fitzwilliam. There may be some spaces left at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/stop-being-so-nice-influencing-trustees-and-managers-a-volunteer-coordinators-forum-event/ .
- Just a reminder that LGBT History Month is in February and that 2018 marks the centenary of (some) women getting the vote (#Vote100). Could you please let me know if you are planning any exhibitions or activities around these events, so that I might be able to promote them through the County Council’s communications?
- ICOM are offering travel bursaries of up to £700 for museum professionals to help travel to study at European museums and collections. The deadline is 5 February. For details visit
With best wishes for 2018