Here are this week’s news items:
- Just a reminder about the SHARE Children and Young People conference in Colchester on 8 February. There are still spaces at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/object-lessons-4-share-bridges-children-young-people-conference/.
- The deadline for applying for the Clore Fellowship is 29 January. For details see https://cloreleadership.org/fellowships.aspx.
- The results of the 2016-2017 benchmarking survey are now available at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/benchmarking/.
- The University Museum of Zoology is advertising for receptionist, closing date 1 February, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/16269/.
- The Zoology Museum is also advertising for a Manager, closing date 2 February, job no. 50675 at https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk.
- The National Trust is advertising for a Senior Visitor Experience Officer, closing date 28 January, job no. 50702 at the same link.
- The Farmland Museum is advertising for a Visitor Services Assistant, closing date 28 February, job no. 50722 at the same link.
- Burwell Museum has another batch of objects for disposal (see attached). As usual if you are interested contact Steve Crane at email@example.com .
- The fabulous Bronze Age torc at Ely Museum has been voted the ‘Top Treasure’ of 2017. See http://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/ely-museum-gold-torc-1-5353883.
- Please contact me if you have surplus a table top case and a case that could take a bronze horse’s head. The table top case needs to be approx. 70cm high, 40cm deep and 120-140cm wide.
- The SEMFed have a study day at the Roald Dahl Museum on 1 March. See http://www.semfed.org.uk/events/study-days/for details.
- May I ask again for publishable quality photos for the MiC Strategy? My earlier plea has produced 4-5 photos and I’m very grateful to the museums which have supplied those, but we still need another 4-5 to provide a good choice.