Here is the latest round of museum news relevant to Cambridgeshire:
- The SHARE Volunteer Awards have been launched, so don’t hesitate to start thinking of anyone from all our wonderful museum volunteers and trustees who deserves nominating! For details see http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/volunteer-awards/. You may also wish to use the poster (attached) and I also have copies of the logos if you need them.
- Harwell’s next Effective Emergency Planning and Disaster Recovery training courses are on 8 March and 10 May in London. Book now at http://www.hdrs.co.uk/emergencycourse. If you are interested in a bespoke in-house training course, these can also be arranged. Contact email@example.com. All MiC members are subscribers to Harwell’s restoration service. They also have disaster kits and other equipment for sale – let me know if you want de
- The Garfield Weston Foundation has launched a new Anniversary fund of £5m to support capital projects for local communities across the UK. Applications close on 30th June 2018. For guidelines see https://anniversary.garfieldweston.org.
- The new Cambridge Science Centre has become the first regional hub for the ‘Presenter Network’ initiated by Royal Museums Greenwich, London. More information and FAQs are at: https://www.rmg.co.uk/work-services/what-we-do/learning-partnerships/presenter-network. It’s a free hub for learning and sharing skills on presenting/communicating with the public in either formal or non-formal educational settings including science communications, museums etc.
- I have sent information from an Etsy store which sells suffrage themed items, votes for women sashes, rosettes etc. These are hand made by women in Cambridgeshire so if any Cambridgeshire museum would like to have a sash or rosettes for display and would be willing to have some for sale in their shops in return the store would be happy to let them have one free of charge. They also have some period costumes and display mannequins to lend, and could run suffrage themed making workshops for all ages. See https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CostumierSaurus?ref=hdr_shop_menu or email firstname.lastname@example.org.