Here is the latest list of museum news items:
- Congratulations to the Stained Glass Museum for securing an HLF Resilient Heritage grant to develop a masterplan over the next two years (see attached press release).
- Congratulations also to the New Hall Art Collection at Murray Edwards College on achieving Full Accreditation – this is a great addition to the list of Cambridgeshire’s Accredited Museums!
- Time and Tide in Great Yarmouth have a display cabinet to dispose of on a first come first served basis (so it may already have gone!). I have photos if you are interested.
- Chelmsford Museum also have some display cases to dispose of (see attached).
- The Tate are offering workshops (see attached), closing date 26 March, for anyone interested in borrowing works of art. You have to commit to attending on two days.
- Just a reminder of the SHARE Security Seminar which is in Ipswich on 26 March; sign up at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/the-3rd-annual-share-security-seminar/.
- There is an excellent Funding Fair (mini-conference) for museums taking place in London on 20 March. For details see https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/supporting-london-museums/training-programmes.
- A final reminder that the deadline for nominations for the SHARE Volunteer Awards is Friday 16 March. See http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/volunteer-awards/.
Please note that I will be on leave from 23 March, returning to work on 16 April, so I am afraid there will be no MiC News in that period although I plan to send no. 122 before I go.