Firstly, I delighted to mention that the Museum of Cambridge has been successful in its application to HLF’s Resilient Heritage programme. The Museum can now embark on a structured plan to transition to a new business model ensuring its long term prosperity. Congratulations to them!
Here is the rest of the week’s news (without listing the ‘Beast from the East’!):
- There are several posts on offer around the County’s museums this week at https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk :51173 Outreach and Project Officer, Vivacity Peterborough, closing date 12 March51213 Museum Attendant, Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, closing date 19 March
- 51215 Preservation Manager, IWM Duxford, closing date 9 March
- 51193 Seasonal Retail and Administrative Assistant, IWM Duxford, closing date 12 March
- 51162 Curator, New Hall Art Collection, Murray Edwards College, closing date 21 March
- SHARE consultation on replacement for understanding museums
- I don’t normally list events in London, but the ‘Symbiosis’ event on 14 March strikes me as especially interesting for small museums trying to develop links with industry. See https://www.eventbrite.com/e/symbiosis-masterclass-tickets-42668523703.
- Events timed for the BBC’s Civilisations Festival are starting, for example see the Stained Glass Museum’s http://stainedglassmuseum.com/events.html.