With apologies for radio silence caused by my annual leave, here are some current items of news of interest to Cambridgeshire museums:
- Attached is the latest batch of items for disposal from Burwell Museum. As usual if you are interested please contact Steve Crane at email@example.com.
- The University of Cambridge Museums are advertising for a Head of Programmes, closing date 30 April, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/51608.htm.
- The National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art in Newmarket is advertising for a Collections Care Conservator, closing date 21 May, (see attached).
- May I please encourage you to complete SHARE’s annual training needs survey which closes on 25 May, at SHARE Training Needs Survey. You can respond to the survey, which is crucial for SHARE’s planning, on behalf of your organisation or as an individual.
- SHARE has also launched the excellent Mystery Shopping Scheme and I encourage you to sign up! You will need attend the training on 11 or 12 May and more details are available on the www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk.
- The South and East Museums Federation has one of their very good study days at Palace House in Newmarket on 11 May. There’s a chance to see behind the scenes!
- Chatteris Museum has an exhibition about the Ferry Hill Tumulus opening on 26 May (see attached).