There are a number of posts being advertised and other news this week:
- The Centre for Computing History is looking for a Collections Manager, closing date 9 May, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/51849.htm.
- IWM Duxford have two retail and admissions posts on offer, closing dates 11 May, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/51839.htm and https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/51841.htm.
- The Stained Glass Museum is recruiting consultants and part-time posts for their 2-year HLF Resilient Heritage Project. For more information see http://stainedglassmuseum.com/job_vacancies.html. The roles are:
- Project Administrator, closing date 18 May; Evaluation Consultant and Masterplan Consultant, closing dates 14 June.
- The SWIM project is now finished and I am pleased to attach the evaluation report, which I will also soon upload to the MiC webpages.
- This year’s University Museums Group Conference: ‘Foreign exchange? University museums and international engagement’ is being held at the
University Museum of Zoology on 3 July and looks very interesting indeed. Visit the conference website for the full programme: http://universitymuseumsgroup.org/events/conference-2018/.
- I have a few items of equipment which I am happy to loan to MiC members: one small digital camera (not an SLR) and one Edirol voice recorder.