Here is this week’s crop of midsummer museum news from the County:
- Benchmarking for 2017-2018 is now live at http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/EastofEngland1718/. Please see the attached document for further details and let me know if you hit any problems. In Cambridgeshire we have a great record for a high response level so let’s keep our end up, so to speak! The deadline for completing the survey is 31 August 2018.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology has a workshop on ‘Engaging 21st Century Researchers’ on 2 July 2018, from 12:30 – 6:00pm at the McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, University of Cambridge (see attachment).
- Just a reminder that if your museum has not yet paid its MiC subscription please do so as soon as possible (we have so far received about one half). Please let me know if you have any difficulties with this.
- Another reminder that MiC members are automatically covered for disaster recovery services by our policy (Priority User no. PU 1018) from Harwell Restoration. Please let me know if you need details of what is covered. The emergency hotline is 01235 434373.
- Burwell Museum’s latest list of objects for disposal is attached. As usual if you are interested please contact Steve Crane at email@example.com.
- The Armed Forces Covenant Trust Fund has a new grant scheme aimed at communities seeking to commemorate the armed forces and WW1 around Armistice Day 2018. The closing date is 30 June so there is a tight deadline but the application process is very short and simple. For details see website.