As the hot weather continues, here is the Cambridgeshire museum news for this week:
- As mentioned in MiC News no. 133 there will be a ‘trustee muster’ at Ely Museum at 4pm on Thursday 19 July. I don’t have many trustees on my mailing list, so could you please pass on this news to trustees and ask them to contact me if they are interested?
- Linked to the last item, in partnership with SHARE and AIM there will be a daytime training session for trustees on financial strategy, at Ely Museum on 15 November. Details will be available nearer the date, but you might wish to suggest that your trustees consider saving the date.
- The Cromwell Museum had a very successful ‘Civil War’ event in Huntingdon last Saturday. Around 2,000 people attended, mostly on the Town Square, and the Museum had around 200 visitors. The courtroom in the Town Hall was also standing room only for the 17th century trial held in there. Well done to all concerned!
- As introduced in MiC News no. 131, please find attached details of an upcoming opportunity to take part in The Library Presents Programme in libraries across Cambridgeshire for spring 2019. Please note the deadline for expression of interest is 1st August 2018.
- IWM Duxford is advertising for a Head of Masterplan, closing date 20 July, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52625.htm.
- The New Hall Art Collection is advertising for an Art Assistant, closing date 22 July, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52584.htm.
- Finally, a reminder that Museums in Cambridgeshire’s next meeting is at 10.30am on Friday 13 July at Peterborough Museum (see MiC News no. 133 and 134).
Enjoy the weekend!