Here are this week’s news items from around the County (and a bit beyond):
- Gainsborough’s House, Sudbury (Suffolk) is advertising for a Keeper of Art and Place and for a Finance Manager (see attached). Both closing dates are 17 August.
- SHARE is launching a new Creative Communities Network for museums looking to engage more closely with their local communities. The first meeting will be this September in Ipswich. For more information, and to give your availability for the first meeting, visit: https://essexmdo.com/2018/07/16/creativecommunities/ .
- The DCMS/Wolfson Museums & Galleries Improvement Fund 2018-20 is now open for applications at http://www.wolfson.org.uk/funding/arts-and-humanities/museums-galleries/dcms-wolfson-museums-and-galleries-improvement-fund/, deadline 31 August.
- If your museum is near a landfill site you might be eligible for the AIM/Biffa History Makers programme at https://www.aim-museums.co.uk/for-aim-members/grants/aim-biffa-award-history-makers-programme/.
- The August AIM Bulletin has a photo of HRH The Princess Royal on her visit to the Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey on 16 April.
- AIM members now get free membership of the Charity Finance Group. For details go to https://www.aim-museums.co.uk.
- In view of the AIM/SHARE regional seminar on financial management for trustees at Ely Museum on 15 November, the next Cambridgeshire trustee muster will be held after Christmas. I will circulate details as soon as I have them. Please pass this information on to your trustees.
- New resources for museums seeking to diversify their audiences are at http://www.openupmuseums.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Open-Up-—-Case-studies.pdf.