Here are the week’s Cambridgeshire museum news items which have been brought to my attention:
- The Sedgwick Museum is advertising for a new Director, closing date 15 September, at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/18114/.
- Vivacity Peterborough is advertising for a Heritage Teacher, closing date 17 August, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52899.htm.
- Please find attached some FAQs about the DCMS Wolfson Fund which you might find useful if you are thinking of applying (see MiC News no. 138).
- The Big Lottery has launched a new programme aimed at combatting loneliness at https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/building-connections-fund.
- The British Association of Friends of Museums has a regional meeting at the Higgins in Bedford on 22 September http://www.bafm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/BAFM-Sept-2018-meeting-Higgins.pdf.
- A museum which is a MiC member was broken into last week. Luckily no significant damage was done, but it is a reminder to be extra vigilant with security during the summer months.
- If you are interested in volunteering as a guide on LBTQ+ themed tours at some of the University Museums, apply at https://www.museums.cam.ac.uk/volunteer-lgbtq-tour-guide by 10 September.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Research Assistant to work on non-invasive analysis of illuminated manuscripts, closing date 7 September, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52992.htm .
- IWM Duxford is advertising for a Fire Fighter, closing date 16 September, at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/52998.htm .
I am on leave next week so there will be no MiC News until the following week.