- Firstly, may I remind museums which have yet to pay their MiC subscriptions to do so now? We are already half way through the financial year and it is surprising that 12 MiC museums have still not paid their 2018-2019 subscriptions (see MiC News no. 126). If you are unsure whether you have paid I can check for you, but please note payment is an eligibility requirement for the small grants scheme which closes on 1 October.
Here is this week’s news relevant to MiC members:
- A reminder that Takeover Day is 23 November and you can register your events at https://kidsinmuseums.org.uk/takeover-day-england-registration-form /
- There’s an interesting new partnership agreement between HLF and ACE. See https://www.museumsassociation.org/museums-journal/news/17092018-ace-hlf-form-partnership.
- Please find attached a flyer for a child protection and safeguarding course in Peterborough on 17 October.
- A reminder that the Museum of Cambridge is recruiting trustees at https://www.museumofcambridge.org.uk/about/opportunities/, closing date 8 October.
ACE have just published an important statement based on work by key heritage organisations on museums at risk at https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/working-together-protect-museums-and-collections-risk.