Here is the news that has come my way over the last week or so:
- SEMFed has its next meeting on 16 October at the redeveloped St Albans Museum and Art Gallery, reviewed in this month’s Museums Journal. Go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/semfed-study-day-st-albans-museum-tickets-49649985443 for details.
- The University Museum of Zoology is also reviewed in this month’s Museums Journal.
- Whittlesey Museum is looking to dispose of selected Sewing Machines, Typewriters, Gas Masks, Potato Riddles and Dolly Pegs – full details available on request.
- I have been told that there are small grants available from The Cambridgeshire Family History Society for projects such as digitisation of records likely to interest them. Please let me know if you would like more information about this.
- IWM Duxford is advertising two Executive Producer posts on the Leicester jobs site: one is for Air Show Creative Content (no. 53535), closing date 9 October, the other is for Schools and Families (no. 53541), closing date 10 October. See https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/JobsDesk for details.
- The UK Antarctic Heritage Trust, Cambridge, is advertising for an Administrative Assistant, closing date 18 October at http://www.ukaht.org/get-involved/jobs/.
- Booking for the 2018 SHARE Conference on 19 November is now open for booking at http://www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/event/share-conference/. The conference is at Firstsite in Colchester.
- Congratulations to Wisbech Museum and the Fitzwilliam Museum for being awarded a grant from Cambridgeshire County Council’s Community Literacy programme. The project is called ‘Creative Families: Talking Together at Wisbech Museum in partnership with the Fitzwilliam Museum’.
- SHARE is offering training in how to reduce your museum’s energy use. It is on 18 October in Norwich at http://www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/event/keeping-green-reducing-your-energy-use/ .
- SHARE has launched its exciting Hidden Histories programme, with grants on offer of up to £3,000, at www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk/project/hidden-histories. The deadline has been put back to 11 February.