Here are some items of news from the last two weeks:
The AGM of Museums in Cambridgeshire will be held at Kettle’s Yard on the morning of 26 November. I will circulate the agenda and further details nearer the date.
- The Norris Museum is advertising for maternity cover for the Director, closing date 4 November. See https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/53647.htm.
- The Churches Conservation Trust is advertising for a Heritage Learning Officer, closing date 2 November. See https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/53732.htm .
- The next meeting of the Cambridgeshire Museums Forum has been set for 17 January at 2pm at the Norris Museum.
- No less than 11 small grants for MiC member museums have been offered for projects to be completed in March 2019. They are sure to generate lots of great stories about what we are all doing to protect our collections and share our stories as widely as possible.
- AIM have relaunched their Prospering Boards programme and are particularly keen to enlist museums from our region. See https://www.aim-museums.co.uk/aim-prospering-boards/ for details.
- AIM are holding a session jointly with SHARE, for trustees, on governance and financial strategy, at Ely Museum on 15 November. See http://www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/event/aim-financial-strategy-and-governance-for-trustees-2/. Please pass this information to your trustees.