Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
Here is this week’s digest of information which may interest you:
- There’s a great round up of this year’s ‘Twilight’ events at https://camunivmuseums.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/torches-trails-and-treasures-twilight-at-the-museums-2015/. I’ve heard some great things about this year’s events and the queues of families on Lensfield Road were amazing!
- Colchester and Ipswich Museums have vacancies for Collections and Learning Curators, closing dates 4 March
69647 Collections and Learning Curator Colchester
69648 Collections and Learning Curator Ipswich
69649 Collections and Learning Curator Ipswich maternity
- As I’ve mentioned before, the County Council is promoting commemoration of the end of WW2 over the summer, and has small grants, next deadline 9 March. See the webpage: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/ww2. You might also be interested in Armed Forces Day 27 June 2015 at http://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/events/hold_an_event.aspx.
- The Scouts have an interesting temporary job in Chingford.
- The Health and Safety Executive have some important news about asbestos in museums at hse.gov.uk/asbestos/exemption.htm.
- Burwell Museum have two wooden tabletop display cases 262cm x 80cm which are free to a good home. Call Jane Phillimore for further info: 07980 120333 (leave a message). They are available to be picked up Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 4pm.