Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
- The Museum of Cambridge is advertising for an Administration and Finance Officer, closing date 20 September.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Digital Communications Assistant, closing date 11 October.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising for a Research Assistant, Applied Arts, closing date 29 September.
- You might like to take a look at www.google.com/culturalinstitute/home which could be useful for museums.
- The Archaeology of Childhood Project has announce a second Consultation Panel, which will be held at the Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology (MAA) on Monday, 21 September at 6.30pm. They welcome any interested individuals or groups to attend to help shape the forthcoming exhibition, which is a collaborative effort between MAA and the Cambridgeshire County Council’s Historic Environment Team. The team will present the artefacts shortlisted for the exhibition and will then focus discussion on potential exhibition themes. The session will last approximately 1 hour and tea and biscuits will be provided. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com. If you cannot attend but have ideas, please send them along! For more information about the project, forthcoming exhibition, etc. please visit the project blog.
- The MiC AGM was held at Peterborough Museum on 14 September and was very successful. The next meeting will probably be at St Neots in December.
- I have information about travel grants of up to £2,000 to help museums who want to work internationally. Rather than send you all the details here, please contact me if you might be interested and I will pass them on to you. The deadline will be 30 October.
- I have information about some collections information vacancies at Ipswich Museum; let me know if you would like to see the details.