Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
- Please find attached the criteria, guidance and application for the SHARE Forward Planning Grants Scheme and information about the associated seminars. Information and guidance are available online and the seminars are bookable at: October Seminar and November Seminar. Please contact me if you want to discuss any aspect of the scheme.
- The British Museum is recruiting a Head of National Programmes, closing date 13 October.
- HLF is advertising for a Grants Officer in Cambridge, closing date 11 October.
- SHARE have some great SHARE training opportunities in Cambridgeshire over the next few months: at Ely there is ‘point and shoot’ on 6 October; ‘co-production’ on 14 October; at the HLF offices there is ‘Young Roots’ on 19 October; at Prickwillow there is Heritage Engineering Network on 9 November. There is also the Conference at Ickworth on 16 November and the Front of House Forum in Norwich (SCVA) on 19 October.
- My colleague Amy Cotterill is recruiting a freelance project co-ordinator and an evaluator for a peer-mentoring project for learning staff in Essex museums, closing date 11 October.
May I also draw your attention to the MA’s Annual Cuts Survey, which was published last week. This is a really key bit of research for the sector and will help to provide evidence on how different parts of the sector are faring in an era of reduced public funding. I would be very grateful if you could take the time to fill in the survey before the 30th September deadline.
Please note that I shall be on leave 5-9 October.