Regular round-up of news for Museums in Cambridgeshire from Gordon Chancellor, Museums Partnership Officer.
Here are some other items:
- HLF is looking for a new Regional Chair. Details are at Committee Chair Vacancy.
- On Wednesday I went to a presentation by the British Science Association about their public engagement activities. I noted that museums are eligible for their community grants of up to £500 for small projects, aimed at certain priority groups. The deadline is 23 November. Further information is available online.
- SHARE has advertised its Forward Planning grants scheme.
- My attention has also been drawn to a very interesting Antarctic heritage research opportunity partly based in Cambridge.
- I thought it would be useful for everyone to know the dates of some meetings for the next year: The Cambridgeshire Museums Forum meets on 16 February at the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology and on 6 July at Whittlesey Museum, then in September at the Sedgwick. The Cambridgeshire Heritage Education Group meets on 4 November at the Museum of Cambridge. The next MiC meeting will probably be in January.