There is the usual crop of interesting news this week:
- Please see the attached flyer for the promotion of Twilight at the Museums on 17 February.
- You might be interested in a collections skills seminar organised by the ACE and the Collections Trust at the Fitzwilliam Museum on 25 February; see Cambridge, Fitzwilliam Museum.
- Museum Development East Midlands are looking for someone to evaluate the impact of their small grants; see www.mdem.org.uk for details of the tendering process.
- As you no doubt know, 1 July will be the one hundredth anniversary of the first day of the Battle of the Somme. Could you please let me know if you are planning to commemorate this terrible event.
- Can I remind any museum which promotes the history of Huntingdonshire that they can apply by 31 March for a Goodliff Award? For details contact the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sacrewell (near Peterborough) currently have two vacancies with closing dates of 19 February for a Visitor Operations Manager at http://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/43611.htm and an Events and Programming Officer at http://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/43610.htm.
- Finally, please consider signing up someone from your museum for the excellent Accreditation mentoring day which has been organised by ACE, SHARE and the Collections Trust on 23 February at the Fitzwilliam Museum at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/museum-mentors-event/.