With apologies for a rather long gap since MiC News no. 69, here is the latest news of relevance to MiC members:
- I attach details of the DCMS Museums review although I believe the deadline for consultation is today https://dcms.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dhFWfdBnU2AclkF.
- There is a workshop on creating touch tours, to be held at the Victoria and Albert Museum on 22 November. For details go to https://shop.vam.ac.uk/whatson/index/view/id/3785/event/How-to-Create-Touch-Tours-for-Visually-impaired-People/dt/2016-11-22/eType/1/free/2 .
- The Whipple Museum has eight very nice Click drawer cases to dispose of on a first come first served basis. All costs and arrangements for transportation be covered by the receiving institution. This would involve four experienced movers and a large van. Let me know if you would like to see photos of them.
- The Arts Marketing Association has launched another round of Future Proof Museums, a very interesting resilience programme, at www.a-m-a.co.uk/futureproof.
- The Cambridgeshire Community Foundation deadline for grant applications is 1 November at http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a966c208f6bdcd608f092fe6b&id=a70fea8495&e=c328286224.
- SHARE’s copyright service, which I am subscribing to on behalf of Accredited museums, was launched on 21 October (see attached). Let me know if you have any quesries about the service.
- SHARE also have two Effective Forward Planning workshops which will be led by Sam Hunt. The first is at Moyses’s Hall, Suffolk on 15 November : http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/effective-forward-planning-workshop/ . The second is at Ely Museum, Cambridgeshire on 16 November : http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/effective-forward-planning-workshop-2/ .
- SHARE are looking for a Cambridge venue with wifi on 21 February for social media training. If you can offer one please let me know.
- Chatteris Museum has some items for disposal. They are a dozen U/V light filter covers for strip lighting from Conservation Resources [UK] Ltd, code IN9B. They are about 5’ long and can be cut down in length. Let me know if you are interested.