Here is this week’s news…
- Wisbech and Fenland Museum is advertising for an HLF-funded Project Officer. Project Officer job description and advert. The closing date is the 28 November.
- I can now confirm that Cambridgeshire independent museums are now covered by Harwell Restoration’s Priority User Basic cover, until 30 September 2017. The cover is for collections salvage and restoration after fire and flood and similar county schemes operate around the East of England. If all goes well I will consider next year upgrading to Harwell’s Priority User Plus scheme, which includes various extra benefits. Next week I will try to send out more details of the scheme but in the meantime if you need to know specifics please contact me.
- SHARE are offering a session looking at museum Friends on 10 November at the John Bunyan Museum, Bedford. Details are at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/friends-indeed/.
- SHARE is also offering an introduction to digital fundraising (crowdfunding) and legacy giving at Hitchin British Schools Museum on 14 November. Further details are at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/digital-fundraising-legacy-giving-workshop-22/ .
- I attach the latest newsletter of the British Association of Friends of Museums.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is advertising for a Research Assistant, closing date 23 November. Details at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/46232.htm.