Here are this week’s news items:
- Burwell Museum has more items to dispose of; please see the attached list. Any museums interested in any of the items listed should please contact Burwell Museum on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01638 605544.
- The Transformers scheme for mid-career museum professionals will open on 28 November. Details are at https://www.museumsassociation.org/professional-development/transformers/transformers-2016-18 .
- Paid up members of MiC (but not the University Museums who have separate arrangements) are now covered by our Priority User Basic policy with Harwell Restoration’s disaster recovery services. I have the details of the services provided, many at discount prices, but the most important point is that members can call the 24-hour Hotline on 01235 434373 for 24/7 advice and support, quoting PU 1018. I am arranging for Emma Dadson of Harwell to come to explain these in detail in March 2017 (see next item).
- The Spring meeting of the Cambridgeshire Museums Forum will be at the Museum of Cambridge on the afternoon of Wednesday 8 March (details to follow nearer the time). The Forum still needs to find a new Secretary so you if you are interested in this role please contact me.
- The Museum of Cambridge is advertising for a Project Manager, closing date 2 December (see attached).