Here is the current list of news items, although I especially want to celebrate the fantastic golden torc which my colleague Helen Fowler has been involved with and which it is hoped will be acquired by Ely Museum. There has been plenty of media coverage, for example https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/nov/28/spectacular-bronze-age-gold-torc-unearthed-cambridgeshire-field.
- Kettle’s Yard is looking for a Development Assistant at http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/12179/ , closing date 8 December.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is advertising a project assignment at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/46511.htm , closing date 19 December.
- The Hamilton Kerr Institute is looking for a Departmental Administrator at https://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/Jobs2/full_job_descriptions/46510.htm , closing date 27 December.
- SHARE IS offering grants of up to £1200 to support forward planning. Guidance notes and the application form can be downloaded at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/forward-planning-grants/. The deadline is 9 January.
- In case you missed it, you can read about the new tax relief on permanent exhibitions at https://aimuseums.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/autumn-statement-brings-good-news-for-sector/ .
- The Museums Association has a members’ meeting at the Fitzwilliam Museum on 8 February; details at http://www.museumsassociation.org/find-an-event/ev1196716?RECNUM=4&MONTH=2-2017.
- Unfortunately item 6 clashes with the next CHEG meeting which is at the University Library on the afternoon of 8 February!
- Just a reminder of the workforce diversity conference at Norwich Castle on 12 December. Details at http://sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/increasing-diversity-in-the-museum-workforce-conference/ .
- The latest regional newsletter of the British Association for Friends of Museums is attached.